Friday 1 November 2013

Illustrator Part 1

In the recent week, I have been developing my product professionally with the help the techniques learned in the tutorial levels. So far I have managed to use the pen tool to trace over images. However, I have been including different colour schemes, style and the overall appearance to prevent myself from producing art that nearly look like duplicates of the real material.


Pen tool


As for the project, I have found that the pen tool has been the most useful feature to allow me to develop the final product. The 'convert the anchor point' tool has enabled me to create curves to make the drawing come across as more natural to the human eye. Using this technique also reduced the number of anchor points for all vector objects.   

Transparency


The transparency prevented the shadows and the highlights from looking unnatural. To blend both shadows and highlights, a colour with a similar tone as the colour behind them were selected in the colour picker. A slightly brighter colour was used for the highlights whilst the shadows feature a slightly darker colour. For the finishing touch, the opacity was decreased from 100% to 20%-50%.  



Pathfinder


This feature was very useful for creating cogs and wheels. After the cog shape was formed, a circle was positioned in the centre of shape using the alignment tools. Selecting the the pathfinder, divide, caused Illustrator to merge them into a group.  Creating a hole in the shape involve me ungrouping the shapes and then deleting the circle. As this is contributed path, using control z button was the only button to undo this action. 


No comments:

Post a Comment