Saturday 9 November 2013

Response from the Brief

For this assignment I have been given a brief that requires me to produce a book cover for either Penguin or Puffing books. The aim for the visual communication project is to produce a striking book cover featuring creative idea and strong use of typography and colour.

To achieve this, we have been given requirements from the course tutor and guidelines from the book publishers. As for the software, the DPT software, InDesign, has to be used to arrange the graphical elements. It is compulsory to create our assets in Illustrator and Photoshop. In the exporting process, I have to make-sure that the final product must be a form of a PDF that has the following features: 300 DPI, CMYK colour format and among other things. The maxium file size is 5 mb.

My method of doing this is to conduct research into the stories and summaries their plots. Once achieved, I will investigate the current books covers for the books so that it gives me a basic idea of their design. I will then research into book covers that have been entered for previous competitions and others. I will also check the terms and conditions of the brief to get information on the limitations and their expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment