Wednesday 2 April 2014

User testing changes and reflection

One of the key things about this subject was user testing. I generally thought there was not enough constructive feedback to help me improve the product. As mentioned on the blog, I have done 2 user testing sessions in Brighton, Cafe Moska. Although the experience of hearing critical criticism from outside sources, I thought this information given was more useful. I also tested the product on my best friend Jason and my sister.
FG 1

This originally had signs that had identical designs. All 3 users at the first testing suggests that the navigation for the pop overs were not clear enough. After this, I produced 3 retro designed icons that are big enough for the user to touch and get the information with ease.


Many peers 


The 2 of the 4 peers at the second testing thought that there needed a short documentation that helped the user to interact with the video. A decision was made to  include pop overs to ensure the books does not feature another page.  When I tested this on the class, they thought that the signs was clear. 


A couple of users from both tests stated that the headings needed an element that enables them to be at the top level of the hierarchy. I decided to include the signs developed for the buttons next to the text. These icons stand out, making the heading one of the main focal points 


Many users had issues with the home button. They praised the clarity of the colour and text, the font size was not large enough for their fingers to interact. In response to this, the font's scale was increased to 36pt. 

Review about the animation 

Overall, the animation used for the roll over effect are good in Ibooks Author. On preview, the image bounces when touched. I like this attribute because alerts the user that the pop up menu has been activated. Another great animation is the full screen mode. An elegant and quick transition occurs when preview enters full screen mode. It prevents the interface feeling sluggish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment