Sunday 20 October 2013

Presentation review



As I mentioned in my previous blogs, I pitched my ideas to the class and the information from my research. Today, this blog shows you a review on my performance and what I need to for next time.

Pro

Looking at the feedback sheet, I complimented for not reading from the screen and only included 16-20 text per slide. Many people in the audience suggested that my ideas were conveyed efficiently because I provided enough detail about my design development. 

The strongest aspects for the presentation was pitching my typography and colour schemes differently than before. Instead of searching for inspiration on kuler.com, I selected 4 images and colour coded the  scheme that they all used. I provided justification on why I selected the colour range and picked one that would most likely appeal to female students.

Although I included fonts from Dafont.com, I informed  my peers that these were not suitable for poster because I want to develop my own text that is just as effective. Steampunk text and artwork were included into the slide to give a clear overall of what were my inspirations. 

Cons

To improve myself, I have taken board the constructive feedback.  The main problem with my document's content was not logical. I agree with the tutor that there was too much research and not enough design exploration. There should be more emphasis on my design ideas and sketches to give a clear overview.  As a plus though, the course tutor suggested that the I-Media's style of presenting caused me to present like this.  To prevent this in the future, I am going think of the styles that I should conduct research on and then only present two research slides on the presentation to achieve this.

Another great weakness of the overall pitch was the length of the presentation. Ideally, a maximum of slides that there should be is 20. Due to the research, the number became 26. As mentioned in the previous paragraph, the research resulted on this. Cutting down the research should be able to solve this problem. 

After look at the feedback sheets, I have rated myself very harshly.

Rating:

Presenting: 7/10
Design of background: 8/10
Length of presentation: 5/10
Design justification: 6/10
Text per slide: 10/10
Imagery: 9/10
Transitions: 6/10
Confidence: 9/10
Logical sequence: 5/10

Achievement

The good thing about today is seeing many ways of pitching ideas from different people. The presentations on the Wednesday were very high quality and had their own unique strengths. I have definitely some useful tips to create the killer presentation.


No comments:

Post a Comment