Saturday 1 February 2014

Finally the right theme and contrast

I have been developing many concepts of what the themes that this clip should convey. After drawing some human figures showing emotions, I realized that scared and calm were the best contrast. These two feelings are appropriate for the psychological theme because many movies, such as Batman, feature a mixture of calm and intimidating scenes.

In order to create in an intimidating atmosphere, I have drawn an idea on the storyboards that the lights flicker on and off. To accompany this, there will be a lot of booms and sounds that signify horror. There is a plan where the screen I will display my scared face expression to enhance the atmosphere.

To provide this contrast, the best solution is to add a calm atmosphere when the I enter the room. This is the best section to apply this feeling because bedrooms are the most secure places that people can think of. Applying the darker theme into the scene would go against the experience of doing a voice over.

Come to think about it, it also creates a contrast between dark and light. I hope people can give me feedback on this concept.

For my next post, I am going to insert information about my sound choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment