Thursday 6 February 2014

Post production



After the pre-production, I managed to logged my process, ranging from converting the clips to using Final Cut Pro. To ensure the rendering time is low and the software would read my I Phone clips. I used  Compressor. The only issue with Compressor is its faulty functions on the new IMAC. The best solution was to used the older versions.

 In order to convert the clips to Pro Ress 24 FPS and high quality, I had to find the settings and then applied it to the settings. After this was done, I submitted my clips to finish the process. Pro Res is a codec that enables Final Cut Pro to render the large videos in a fast pace.


 

On final Cut Pro, I set the rendering and the other attributes to be saved on the local system. This is to ensure the process of transferring to another computer is successful.

As for setting up my clips, I set two bins; one for my clips and another for the audio. Obviously, I named my sequence time based media.

 The software has multiple functions but the....(4 T's) selected all audio and clips ahead of the play head. This enabled me to reposition the clips.This was many times whenever the sounds and the clips had to be applied at the middle of the film.




Extra contrast were added to the clips to convey interesting moods. I increased the blues in the darker scenes to provide a scary mood. Three way colour corrector was the tool to add the attributes. Increasing the blue values whilst lowing the brightness caused the hallway scenes convey a intimidating atmosphere.
 Some clips were to long in length, therefore I used either the ripple or arrow tools. I managed to clip of some the footage in order to meet with the brief. I also added a slow motion effect to one clip by decreasing the speed by 50%.

I managed to recorded the most essential clips and will be inserting them into the software. Intro and the the outro are going to be very simple. 

Whist experimenting with the features, I came across with the glowing and the blur effects. The interface scenes were one of the least visually pleasing sections. Applying crazy look glows and the blurs enabled me to made the interface resemble of a science fiction interface. The glow caused the green to shine, making it very noticeable.

As the brief stated that only exaggerated sounds should only can be heard in the video. The audio was disconnected from the video and then deleted from the audio layers.

Thanks for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment