Wednesday 29 January 2014

My journey and Final idea

With the storyboards mostly finished, and the feedback given, I just as well provide a proposal on the final design. The content of the video is based on effects and camera views used by Go Pro, short advertisements and movies. I will do a post about the product's audio as I need more inspiration and research. 

The process

Rather than use a general brainstorm, I categorised ideas to make a clearer understanding. There were 3 groups: 10 minutes, 20 minutes and 30 minutes. I generally put a keyword into the groups, such as food, going out and among other things. I generated cooking based ideas for food. Examples of this were, cooking a cake with a twist and producing bread that goes wrong. The issue with these ideas was the fact that it can be expensive and it has been done by many video artist. 

I was generating dull ideas for the 20 minutes but with 30 minutes, it was another story. One idea I brainstormed the was the voice over. This concept stood out in my mind because it is one of my favourite hobbies. This would represent time based media because completing a voice over takes about 40 minutes, including setting up and production

Showing enough captivating process of the process was the next problem. The solution for this is to list many possible scenes as possible. The rule I had was that if the clips does not have 30 ideas, do not use it. However, I was able to throughly list the preparation and the production aspect of the video. I also developed two ideas to see whether they would work.

The next process of the pre production was drawing out the setting and the concepts. To ensure that the most relevant setting is used in the video, I drew 3 rooms in my house. The lighting in kitchen, the hallway and the bedroom caused them to be the locations of my clip. The hallway is a great location because I can experiment with aerial and high camera views. My staircase is quite weak, making a creaking noise. This would enable me to use exaggerated sounds that have the organic feel. 

With the setting and idea, there must be a general story board. I developed a story board with 6 scenes to generally get the idea. Stickmen were not used because the unclearly make references. I repeated the process with the other ideas.  

Please follow me onto the research, storyboards and justification

No comments:

Post a Comment