Wednesday 29 January 2014

Research and more storyboards

Due to the time constraints, the research into clips and movie had to be conducted. Go Pro was the immediate thing in order to get inspiration. Go Pro clips are about a minute long but they have a great number of edits the maintains the excitement. I concluded that many of the clips use many effects and non diegetic sounds, such as the narrator. I also think that they do not provide kinetic energy because they only use the professional way of filming. 

I then found examples of intense examples of short advertisements. This gave me the insight of the length of the scenes due to the high use of edits. Battlefield 4 is a great example of this. I also deliberately searched for adverts running on a slow pace.  This offered me a great contrast between fast and slow. However, I am continuing with getting more examples to get more inspiration.

 I searched and analysed a group of intense scenes from movies. One of the most inspirational ones was the Matrix's Reload car scenes. As mention in the car scene post, I positively commented how the edits flow and how they use movement to make the scene look intense.  The car scene in Too Fast Too Furious is a great examples of camera perspectives.

To provide a wider scope, I analysed the Odessa Steps, 1920's German horror movies and Charles Dickens Great Expectations. I concluded that the lighting effects and the perspectives create the disturbing feel. Being inspired by this feel caused to use lighting effects in my clip

As for the sound, I analysed the audio used on the examples. 


After I done the research,  I sketched my general storyboards, I used the storyboard with the 6 ox. This was used for the other ideas in a desperate attempt to get a clearer image in my brain. However, I realised this was not going to work.  For my chosen the idea I wanted to focus on, I only had two boxes to ensure that I drew the most effective and precise images. To plan the lighting effect, I chosen to use red as the highlights and the black as the shades.

The final storyboard displays real photos to give my head a clear image of the sequence. The photos include me preparing and doing the voice over. I went into detail about the lighting, effects, the elements, the edit number and the best of all the second mark. 

As a result of the feedback, I need to refer back to the storyboard and apply some edits. 

With that over please navigate to the sound page. 

No comments:

Post a Comment