Friday 7 March 2014

graphic style inspriation and colour

In my sketchbook, I had a great difficulty of thinking sea related colours. Although I thinks of blue analogous colours, I felt this would make the overall design bit immature and quite visually cheesy to the audience. 



The image on the right is Rick Murphy's Seattle print. The overall colour scheme consist of a tinted blue for the pyramids and a high chroma red and orange to make the buildings and the air craft the main focal points. Blue and orange are complementary colours. The image is given depth because uses a shaded blue to represent the shadows. To add some balance, the saturation of the blue sky is weak compared to the other colours. Although I would reduce the use of orange and red in the background, I feel that the types of blues used would compliment my design and allow the product to establish  hierarchy. The orange and the red will be the colours used but headings to make people focus to the most important section of the page.  I think the vibrancy of the orange would help 16-20 year olds to maintain their attention and have a captivating experience. 



Allan peter's work demonstrates that using different values of colours(brightness) makes the overall product look energetic. When looking at the image, the colour scheme is quite basic, green, dark green and white. Green symbolises nature both on land and on sea, therefore, this could be a meaningful and most relevant colour scheme. However, there is an issue where people may not like this high chroma colour. If I was going to go for this, I may show different types of this green. If I was going to add a container this colour would be great for legibility. 



The dark shaded blue and green would make the drawing style to the left stand out. I do like the concept where the design only used two colours. In this case it is black and white. Since I have seen this, I thinking of using this graphic style for my imagery.  The texture is great attribute that that my influenced to use this style rather than the ones stated in the previous inspirations post.

















http://designspiration.net/image/876712724144/

http://designspiration.net/image/395905294027/


http://designspiration.net/image/2770143650909/

No comments:

Post a Comment