Wednesday 5 March 2014

Interaction idea

I have sketched many ideas of interaction and design concepts that enhances the user experience for the A level students. I planned this in order provide users the best experience of reading on an ibook. 

Using my sketch note abilities I have developed a range of concepts that will be created using Mac programs. 


Keynote


For this assignment, I have to create a number of interaction that captivates its audience. There is a feature on Keynote where buttons can be added and programmed as links. Transitions will be applied to make the process feel smooth. An example of this would be a slideshow presenting the growth of a coral. Every time it grows  I aim to produce an piece of interaction that allow people to find som

In my sketch book I developed many idea relating to the threats area of reefs. Showing how the polluted water from the rivers is one of my favourite concepts. When the sideshow beings, it shows a birds eye view of the Red Sea reef. The second slide reveals the water progressing towards reefs. The last one reveals the entire reef area being surround by brown water. 


Videos


I gathered many videos that visually shows students the fish life in the reefs and important documentaries. Applying videos will reinforce my content, making it trustworthy. Both Youtube and Vimeo videos should also entertain my audience to make the experience feel captivating and engaging. I will attempt to place videos in some interactive sections to make them unique and special. The theme of these videos are threats, tourism  factual, marine parks, stats and facts and fun. These videos should offer a great scope to its audience. 


There might be a possibility I may add a video of me describing some terminology.  I attempt to apply a fun feel to make this captivating to the younger audience. I need to storyboard this. 

Drag and drop. 


At every chapter, there will be quizzes and drag and drops to help learn. These source of interaction will enable people to revise on the subject before exams or group work. Getting them to engage is one of the effective ways of learning. The quizzes will contain 4 possible answers that can answer. When finished, they will be able to review the questions and refer back to the chapter. 

One of my ideas is to apply a drag and drop on a globe map. This idea will test their knowledge of the where about the famous reefs. When they place the object, I am planning to add a short video of the wildlife in the area.

Interactive tech

I developed great interactive ideas where if the book had very unique interactive tools. One of these ideas is to have a movable boat in the middle of the reefs. The user moves the boat to areas with dialog boxes. This would include the additional content and lead to browser box where users can explore of the specific subject.  The interactive game will only contain the brief information but I hope this leads to areas that were not covered in the book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment